On May 20, 2016, new labeling regulations were put into place by the FDA. This includes changing and removing text from the previous nutrition facts label as well updating information for daily values of nutrients. Watch this short video for a brief explanation of some of the major changes. Visit the FDA website for the full list of changes.
You’ve no doubt drank this delicious beverage, but when was Pink Lemonade invented? What makes the drink pink? How is the beverage made today? Dive into the hazy history of pink lemonade and discover the origin of its color in this short video!
You’ve seen the green sticker all over your favorite drinks and foods… but what does the term “natural” really mean? Some ingredients may surprise you!
Marketing Manager Ashley O’Leary of Stout Brewing Company shares the company’s products and production facility in Kings Mountain, North Carolina. Stout Brewing Company was founded in 2012 with the vision to set itself apart from the competition and create something completely different using innovative brewing and packaging solutions. Stout offers three different brands with a variety of flavors. Stout Brewing Company came to Flavorman to develop their flavored beverages. Watch the video and learn their brand story, and how Flavorman helped them get there!
Worldwide Leader in Beverage Development, Spirits Innovation and Training
Celebrates 25 Years in Beverage Industry January 10, 2017
Louisville, Ky. — From its humble beginnings in a small Louisville, Kentucky condo, 25 years later, Flavorman has evolved into an international custom beverage development company with worldwide brands in energy drinks, flavored spirits, ready to drink beverages, juices and mixers. The vision of David Dafoe and Flavorman’s beverage architects was to create a beverage incubator where entrepreneurs from across the country and around the world can send their ideas to the beverage campus with a plan to develop a new flavor or brand and develop the idea from concept, to production, to a store shelf. The concept has resulted in thousands of household staples, iconic brands and drinks that have defined generations.
- Flavorman opened in 1992 in a small suburban condo and is now housed in 24,000 square foot space in downtown Louisville, Kentucky located at 809 South 8th Street in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Developed more than 40,000 beverage formulations.
- Flavorman’s beverage architects have developed top brands like Jones Soda, Chiquita, Joia All Natural Sodas and Crispin Cider.
- Flavorman has grown from a one man operation to a team of over 30.
- In 2016, the company shipped more samples than any other year.
- Has expanded its line of services from just selling flavor to a one-stop-shop for all services in the beverage industry.
- In 2013, Dafoe launched sister company, Moonshine University on the beverage campus to educate entrepreneurs on how to launch a successful distilling business, from educating them on everything from concept, to distilling, to bottling.
- Moonshine University houses the Stave & Thief Society, a bourbon certification program that was established to promote Kentucky’s distinguished bourbon culture.
- Educated 331 certified Bourbon Stewards through Stave & Thief in Moonshine University.
- Helped lay the foundation for 70 distilleries.
- Has trained more than 1,200 people in various aspects of the distilling industry.
About David Dafoe:
David Dafoe, along with Flavorman and Moonshine University, has been featured in Forbes Magazine, CNN Money, ABC’s “Beyond the Tank” national television show and named by National Geographic as “ One of the 100 places to visit that will change your life.” Flavorman has also been named one of the 100 Fastest Growing Inner City Companies in America.
Dafoe was 2016 runner-up for the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Person of the Year in Washington, D.C. In 2016, he was given the Kentucky Pacesetter Award by the Kentucky Small Business Development Center. In 2013, Dafoe was honored as Best Small Business of Year by Greater Louisville Inc.
Did ringing in the new year cause a terrible ringing in your head? How did you recover from the light sensitivity that had you to wearing your darkest pair of shades indoors and the overall grogginess that is a hangover? Some are turning to hangover recovery drinks as quick fixes to stop their suffering after a night of fun with friends.
Why do we get hangovers?
After an evening of drinking, you might expect to wake up with some physiological effects. Whether you consume beer, wine, vodka, bourbon, or anything else containing ethanol (aka alcohol), you could feel the effects of a hangover. Of course, you will only suffer the consequences if you drink too much.
How much is “too much”? Great question! Unfortunately, we cannot answer that for you because only you know how much alcohol you can safely consume. Your tolerance for alcohol and your ability to metabolize it depends on genetic factors (your gender, weight, BMI, metabolism, etc.) and environmental factors (rate at which you are consuming alcohol, if you have food in your system, if you are drinking water in between alcoholic drinks, etc.).
Hard seltzer is all the rage these days, but how long will it be before people grow weary of the same old citrus flavors they’ve been getting? We’ve already started seeing some movement toward flavor combos like cherry-lime; but at Flavorman, we’re always on the lookout for the unexpected and delicious flavors. This time, we’re out to impress the Father of Fizz, Joseph Priestley, himself along with your crazy-healthy hippy aunt. So let’s dive in and explore some possible flavors and maybe inspire you to think of your own awesome flavor, which of course, we’d be happy to help you develop.
There is no doubt a plethora of energy drinks on the market. The question is, how are you going to be successful putting yet another one out there? There are a few key things to consider if you are set on energizing the world with a beverage all your own.
- What makes yours different? Whether it be a health benefit that sets yours apart or some crazy unique marketing scheme you have come up with, you need something to convince people your energy drink is better than the big brands that already run the market. It is going to be very difficult, maybe even impossible to beat the big guys on price, so be creative and come up with something that truly makes your drink unique. New ingredients are always on trend and a great way to differentiate your product.